Babble.com recently released a list of the 25 things mothers never want their children to do. How many have you done?….
1. Do drugs – Check. But only the kind that is legal for medicinal purposes….
2. Become a teen mom – No babies yet!
3. Vote Republican – Never will I ever! Or will I?…. No.
4. Get a neck tattoo – Maybe one day
5. Listen to really bad music – Sorry about those N’Sync days, Mom, but we’ve moved on to much better music!
6. Become a stripper… or worse! – Only for my boyfriend (wink)
7. Steal her best friend’s boyfriend – Nope!
8. Take candy from strangers – I haven’t, but oddly enough, my mother IS that woman offering candy to little children…
9. Quit school – College graduate
10. Pretend she’s someone she’s not – Hasn’t everyone? Even just for a moment?
11. Lying to a parent, a lot. – I cannot tell a lie. My parents cursed my brother and I. We CANNOT lie to them. If we do, we tell them immediately.
12. Smoke – Can count on one hand how many times I’ve smoked a cig.
13. Become a mean girl – I hope I haven’t!
14. Date a jerk – Maybe once?… Plus my current boyfriend…. (just kidding!)
15. Take a job she hates – Never took a job I hated, but left jobs I’ve hated…. If that makes sense.
16. Forget to floss – Flossing hurts. I don’t do it. Sue me.
17. Hate her body – There’s always room for improvement.
18. Become unenthusiastic – ummmm… what?
19. Become lazy – I mean, sometimes…. this list is getting weird.
20. Says she hates me and means it – NEVER!
21. Join a wacky religion or cult – Nope… but what about starting one?
22. Drink 5 long Island Iced Teas in a row – um, I can’t remember!
23. Buy a PC – Mac girl!
24. Doesn’t recycle – mostly recycle
25. To not know how much she is loved – I am fortunate enough to be loved and know how much I’m loved! Thanks, mom and dad!
So, How many times have you disappointed your parents? Even if we do… I think they’ll always forgive us. That’s what moms are for!